Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas Eve 2008

We spent Christmas Eve at my parents' house this year, which was nice. A couple of traditions we have are to find the pickle ornament hidden on the Christmas tree after opening gifts (which I failed miserably at this year, and I'm still pouting), and we also watch Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The original from 1966. No Jim Carrey crap.

I love going home for Christmas. It just reminds me so much of being a kid. Dorothy was onto something...there's no place like it.






4 comments:

Keri said...

I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but I've never seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas (neither the old or new versions).

And I agree... few things seem as special as going home for Christmas.

Christina said...

Yeah, I never saw it either. It kind of gives me that weird charlie & the chocolate factory (the original movie) vibe so I've never really wanted to watch it!! I like that drum too. Maybe for Pete's birthday.....

Maribeth said...

I agree, there is nothing like "going home" for Christmas. Glad you were able to spend it with family.

Anonymous said...

Jim Carrey crap is right :)
~Jenn