Monday, May 4, 2009

Sunday Morning Drive

On the way back from the Home Depot on Sunday morning, the Husband and I drove past the horse farm on East Paris. This is the conversation that unfolded from there.

Him: That's a nice looking horse.
Me: Uh-huh.
Him: Not that I know anything about horses, but it had a nice shiny coat and mane.
Me: They are really expensive. Not only to purchase, but to take care of as well.
Him: I wonder if our neighborhood has an ordinance about getting horses?
Me: Exactly where would we keep a horse? They need a lot of space and exercise.
Him: We could take that thing out on Cascade Road and ride it.

Can you imagine? I can't stop laughing just at the thought of it.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I don't think that the property taxes there would cover poop pickup.

apt said...

We pass that place every day twice. Willa and I play "horses or no horses" and, in early spring "turkeys or no turkeys." She guesses better than I do if they'll be outside or not.
I'm imagining a horse meandering down Cascade and chuckling.