Sunday, December 23, 2007

We Were Merely Freshman

Ok, so maybe it was more like seniors. Seniors in high school when I first started listening to The Verve Pipe. That was right around the time that Villains was released. To call myself a true blue, die hard fan, wouldn't be accurate, however, I was pretty excited about the show on Saturday at the Intersection that the Husband was taking me to.

The energy was high, along with the attendance. I haven't seen the Intersection this full in quite a while. The band played a bunch of my favorites, so I was having the time of my life. I have to just say how amazing this band sounds live. They are awesome! I kept thinking there was one friend of mine who'd be having just as much fun as I was. She knows who she is. All I have to say is, "Whoa! Dig it!". I spent the night dancing around and singing along with almost all of the songs. The Husband was a good sport for standing next to me as I danced the night away.

So with all of the early college days nostalgia, the Husband and I were exchanging stories. His early recollections of The Verve Pipe are from his frat days. He and his old, college band got the pleasure of opening up for TVP at one of their parties. Being that the Husband was a musician hanging around the local scene for so many years, he knows a couple of guys in the band. So at the end of the night, I got the pleasure of going backstage and meeting the guys. Yep, I'm one of those people. Need I explain how cool I thought this was? You'd think it was my first time hanging around local celebrities, but I can't tell you how fun it was getting to watch a band live that I haven't seen or really even thought of since my freshman-sophomore year in college and then getting to hang out with them afterwards. So without further ado, here's my photo. Gotta love the cell phone quality, but you use whatcha got, right?


From left to right: Al McAvoy (sound engineer), Yours Truly, Brian Vander Ark (lead vocals), The Husband (hottie) and Donny Brown (drums).

Thanks guys, for being nice enough to take the time to do this photo. I had an AWESOME time. I can't wait until you do it again.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dig it! Glad you made it to the show and had such an awesome time!!!