Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Making Seasons Bright

Christmas came and went like a flash. We had a terrific holiday season. This was the first year we put a tree up in our house and decorated the outside. Everything came together so well. We got some wonderful gifts and spent time with both of our families which is always so nice.
Some highlights were my mom wrapping up old junk for all of us kids that she found in the basement. My brother was lucky enough to score his old varsity letterman jacket. Nice. I got my old tap dance recital costumes, which must've shrunk like five sizes over the years. Not that I had any intention of putting them on, but the things look like they'd fit a Cabbage Patch doll (hmmm, am I giving you ideas for next year, mom? If so, I'd rather have my Barbies back first), even though I wore the things in grade school. My little sister got her old, giant rabbit pillow back. Ahh, good times. The big ticket item this year was the Husband's mother sending us on an Alaskan cruise this summer. We need to get on the ball to make reservations. Wow and WOW. That is going to be an amazing trip! Stay tuned for updates on that one. And onto the photos...


Our first year doing exterior decorations. We were happy with how they turned out. I promise, those aren't ghosts sitting outside of our front door. Just pretty white trees.


See? I told you they weren't ghosts...



Here's a shot of our Christmas tree, with Nico posing underneath.



My little blue-eyed buddy. Underneath the tree is his little hide-out.


We hung our stockings up with care, in hopes that St. Nick would soon be there. We must've been good this year, because we got some sweet gifts.



The kitties were all snug in their beds...


While visions of Fancy Feast danced in their heads.

Celebrating Christmas Eve with my side of the family.


Little Anders is destined to be an athlete!

Pickle Winners 2007! In my family, we have a Christmas tradition which entails finding the pickle ornament that is hidden (very well, mind you) on the tree. Its an old German tradition. The person who is first to find the pickle, gets a special treat. My mom makes it so that even the losers get a boobie prize though. My dad is quite sure that's not how it went in the old days.

Anders helps Grandma clean up. What a great, little helper. He should make a fine husband someday. Haha.

All of the excitement wore poor Cleo out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you wanna do some whale watchin, you should come to Orlando and see me in a swimsuit. (Nice score on the Alaskan cruise). The pics turned out great.

Anonymous said...

Holy cats! And all you wanted was OK! magazine. Nice on the cruise...this his mom would care if you took me instead??