Thursday, October 23, 2008

An Update for You

Well, I haven't posted a real entry in a while. I should probably do that. Nothing too terribly exciting has been happening. My sister got engaged a couple of weeks ago, I guess that is pretty exciting. Weddings always are. With me though, not much is exciting.

I applied for a new job today. It'd be wonderful to even get an interview, because this job would be quite the promotion for me. I can't imagine the candidate pool I'm going to be competing against. A raise or promotion would be nice though. I haven't seen one in four years come December. And you wonder why I have a piss poor attitude at work! It's such a great feeling going in for annual evaluations and being told how great I'm doing, but sorry, no raise. Are you kidding me? That's like Santa Claus telling some little kid, "Johnny, I know you've worked real hard all year long at being a good boy. You know it. I know it. Everyone knows it. However, you're not getting any presents this year. Here's a lump of coal. Suck on that, chump!"

I told myself that I have to at least try for this job. Even if I don't get an interview, I gave it an honest shot. That's the best I can do, because quite frankly, mama is getting tired of coal for Christmas.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Good luck on the job! My fingers will be crossed for you. That's really crappy how your current employer has been treating you.

Maribeth said...

Good luck with the job. I hope your current job situtation gets better in the meantime.

Christina said...

Good luck!!! Is it closer to home I hope??

Heather said...

good luck with the job!!!