Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh, but I don't!

Last night I got the pleasure of babysitting my two and a half year old nephew for a few hours. I had a lot of laughs, and a good time.

We spent a little time playing with a fire truck. This was an especially cool fire truck because it made noises, and had an extendable ladder - all the bells the whistles.

Me: Can I push a button to make the siren go off?
Him: No, I will push the button.
Me: Ok.
Pause...
Me: Can I play with the fire truck?
Him: No share. I'm going to play with it. You can play with a pillow.
At which point he lobs a pillow into my lap.
Me: I don't want to play with the pillow.
Him: Oh, but you do!


I'm telling Grandma.

3 comments:

Christina said...

Too cute! "Oh but you do".

Keri said...

What? You don't think a pillow is as fun to play with as a fancy firetruck? :-) Sounds like a cute nephew you have!

Heather said...

lol. so cute.