Monday, May 10, 2010

Third Trimester

I have entered the third trimester! As I type that out, my stomach drops a little bit. There is really no turning back now. I mean really. I'm getting nervous. I'm excited too, but mostly nervous at this point. I don't sleep well. I think my thoughts keep waking me up. But I'm doing well overall. I've got some intense back pain that I can only tack up to my sciatic nerve being aggravated by the baby's position. Other than that, I feel pretty good. We got the crib and dresser put together - so pretty. Now I need to put the final decorating touches on the nursery. We also need to finish up our home improvement projects. Should I tell you what we're doing at the end of May and June? Oh, just a little kitchen renovation, that's all. New floors, counters, back splash, paint, trim, fixtures, etc. No stress there, right? :-)

In celebration of my last trimester, I downloaded myself the Labor Mate application on my iPhone. When the time comes, this little number will track my contractions for me, so that I know when it's time to go to the hospital. Neato, huh?

Also on the horizon the Husband and I have a trip planned to visit Toronto. One last hoorah before the baby comes. I'm looking forward to experiencing a little bit of what Canada has to offer. I haven't been to Toronto since I was a kid, and I don't remember it well at all; other than the hotel we stayed in had an escalator. That was the first time I'd ever ridden an escalator, which seemed like a big deal. I wonder if where we're staying this time has one? Only time will tell. . .

Week 28: May 7, 2010

2 comments:

Maribeth said...

Hopefully the baby shifts and you can get some relief soon. Have you been for a pre-natal massage yet? I went to St. Mary's Wege center once for each pregnancy. I wish I would have gone more.

apt said...

Echoing Maribeth's hope that the baby will move.
Ow.