Thursday, July 1, 2010

Toronto

The Husband and I went to Toronto for our Baby Moon over Memorial Day. This was my second trip there; his first. I had gone once when I was a kid with my family. I didn't remember it at all though. We drove there from Grand Rapids, and took a few breaks along the way for restroom breaks and to stretch our legs. It's a pretty easy drive actually.

We stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle right on the water. We were able to secure a great nightly rate through Priceline, and on a U.S. holiday weekend too! I would recommend this hotel.


Here is a photo of us walking along the boardwalk on the harbor with the CN Tower in the background.


A shot from the hotel pool. They had an indoor pool which was really nice. Every afternoon after we'd walk around and site see all morning, we'd come back to the hotel and hang out at the pool for a bit to relax and cool off. It was in the 80's temperature wise and sunny. Does that ever happen on Memorial Weekend in our parts???


A picture from our table at Ki, which is modern Japanese sushi + bar. One of the most expensive meals we've had since our trip to Paris, and one of us wasn't even drinking. It was delicious though!







On Sunday of our trip we went to the Hockey Hall of Fame. The Husband seemed to have a fabulous time. I thought it was neat too. Well worth seeing, since the Stanley Cup is there!



One last night shot of the city.

On the bridge back to Michigan!



I found Toronto a great city to visit. We were so impressed with how clean the city was. It was easy to get around too. We walked everywhere we wanted to go. Overall we spent the majority of our time just tooling around the city checking out sites, grabbing some great meals, and relaxing at the hotel. It was the perfect little getaway from the baby arrives!

1 comment:

Keri said...

My husband and I only spent part of one day in Toronto (to visit the Hockey Hall of Fame... guess whose idea that was!), but we both thought it seemed like a great city and would like to go back sometime.

Glad you had a fun trip!