Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Another Reason To Love

Every couple has inside jokes. That is part of the fun of being so close to someone. The Husband and I have a couple places around Macomb where his mom and step-father live that are our inside jokes.

One of the first few times we went out there together, we stopped at a liquor store to pick up some wine. The place was called BB's. I kept saying, "Bee Bee, that's you (his initials). This is your place." For whatever reason, it was just funny to us. That's how inside jokes are. You have to be there.

Another place nearby is a place I like to call "Bar". Probably because I could never remember the full name, and the sign for the place just has BAR in giant letters. So the place is called Bar. One night we went out for drinks and on the way home, we stopped at Bar. We both got Pabst Blue Ribbons out of a can, and I think we got two dimes back for the $2 we laid down on the counter to pay for them. It's just this po-dunk of a place, but I wanted to check it out, just because of the name. So now every time we go out to Macomb, I always ask if we're going to go to Bar. We have never gone back, but that place sure has a cool name.

So anyway, The Husband is out at his mom's house for a couple of days for her birthday, and he sends me these photos from his phone. No text, just photos. I just cracked up laughing when I opened the messages. See what I'm missing out on?



3 comments:

Em said...

I love it! We have a few of those inside jokes too.
I love Bar. I can totally see this place serving the PBR's out of a can! I love slimy little bars like that, though. The neatest people frequent them :o)

Heather said...

love it! we have many of our own inside jokes too.

Christina said...

LOL!!! And I can relate since it's from my hometown! The one that is coming to mind for me is that their is an icecream joint by our house and I ALWAYS call it the wrong name (now on purpose) using "dairy" as the first word and "barn" or "queen" etc. It's called the "dairy garage" but for some reason, I can't accept the name... I love that he sent you pictures. Love those kinds of inside jokes that no one else really could get..