Saturday, February 21, 2009

Is It OK To Laugh?

My sister-in-law and I made the trek to Lansing today in the snow. Bridesmaid duties. It probably wasn't the best day for this, but it was one of the only free weekends she had for the next month. The roads going there were pretty good. The right lane was clear and dry for the most part. By the time we went home, it was another story.

The roads were now wet, and getting slushy. Most people were taking it easy and driving with caution. Most people. There are always people on the roads who are driving like there's a fire, and just being stupid in poor conditions. One vehicle in particular was this honking, beast of a truck. Probably about as big as you can get. He goes speeding by in the left lane like we're standing still.

About fifteen minutes later, we drive past a truck who has slid off the road all the way across the median, and is now facing the opposite way, going with traffic in the other direction. The guy is just sitting in his truck. He could probably drive himself right out heading in the opposite direction, because it looks like he stopped on the side of the road. Then it dawns on me - that's the truck that went speeding past us moments before! Sister-in-law agrees, that is the guy.

I ask my sister-in-law, "Is it OK for me to laugh? Cuz I want to." She told me it was OK because the guy wasn't hurt. I agree, that wouldn't be funny at all, or would it have been funny if this guy took out anyone else with him. So I snickered just for a second. Hey buddy, you're going the wrong way.

Remember folks, when the weather is bad, to quote Pineapple Express, "Safety first. Then teamwork."

Be careful out there.

5 comments:

Keri said...

Grrr... I hate big trucks like that who think they own the road! I'm very glad to hear that this guy got his comeupins.

Heather said...

it's bad, but I always hope to see those who go flying by in the ditch... but I agree - I don't want to see them hurt.

Anonymous said...

LOL! The only pain I want them to experience is in their pride and pocketbook! Last summer I took the boys to my parents and was passed by a group of sports cars (jaguars, porsches, etc) going 100+ mph and weaving in and out of traffic. Very scary! The boys and I had quite a chuckle when we passed 3 of them pulled over ten minutes later.

Anonymous said...

LOL! The only pain I want them to experience is in their pride and pocketbook! Last summer I took the boys to my parents and was passed by a group of sports cars (jaguars, porsches, etc) going 100+ mph and weaving in and out of traffic. Very scary! The boys and I had quite a chuckle when we passed 3 of them pulled over ten minutes later.

Christina said...

Then is it OK to hope that they have an accident (not hurting anyone) when they barrel past you? That's what I do. But only if noone gets hurt.