Friday, February 6, 2009

Dresses Decided Upon

I must admit, I was a little worried what kind of dress we'd end up getting for my sister's wedding. With five bridesmaids all wanting something a little different to suit their own body types and interests, I had my doubts that I was going to be 100% happy with the selection.

The first day we went shopping for dresses though, I ended up trying this dress on and just loving it. It was on the OK list between me, my sister and sister-in-law. So after another trip out with her friends, my sister and her friends all decided on this dress. Whew, my favorite dress won out! How lucky is that?

So here they are, from the Jasmine Bridesmaid collection B2 in petunia. I love the rouching at the top, and the material is so flowy and breathable for an outdoor, August wedding.


I also bought this brooch on etsy a while back, before we had even decided on the dress. I knew my sister wanted pink dresses, so I just took a chance. If it matches, I'd like to wear this in my hair. I thought it had a little Bohemian flare to it.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute! I love the brooch you picked out, I hope it works.

Keri said...

Oh, pretty! I like the dress and the broach.

Thanksfully, I really like the bridesmaid's dresses that my sister-in-law picked out for her wedding too.

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE the dress! It's gorgeous! The brooch too, it'll look so nice in your hair! :)

Heather said...

very cute! it looks quite similar the the BM dresses from my wedding... except that they were black and tea-length. Same designer and fabric though!

Christina said...

Oh.My.God. I LOVE this ensemble!!! I so love the bodice part. It looks so non-bridesmaidy. I can't wait to see it in action. Go girl!

Maribeth said...

So cute! Can't wait to see pictures from the wedding.

Anonymous said...

The dress is beautiful - you'll great in it :)

The brooch will look great in your hair too. It looks like a perfect match.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic dress! It looks like it will suit everyone's body type, too. What a lucky winner you picked! I've been looking for a similar dress on http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/bridal_shops_dresses.html but it needs to be for colder weather as it's a wedding way up north. Good accessorizing, too.