Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm Here

I haven't posted in a while. Nothing exciting has been going on. Just doing yard work, and so much of it! I need a weekend to just rest and enjoy summer. Ya know, hit the beach, throw back some brewskis, maybe actually do laundry sometime this month...good thing I have over 30-pair of undies. Yes, that's right, the material I have to talk about is so lack there of that I've resorted to the undie reference. Inquiring minds were dying to know, ya know.

Dance class is going well. I've got two sessions under my belt. It's me and the blue hairs. I think I'm the youngest one there by a good 15 years, but the majority of them could be my grandmothers. That's OK though. They are really nice and inviting, and have been doing it for years, so a lot of them are really good! I'm hanging though. My moves are rusty, but it'll come back to me. The class is a combination of both tap and jazz. Thankfully the majority of the class focuses on tap, I'm not all that into the jazz, but the important part is that I'm having fun. I should have a couple of routines down by the end of my ten weeks.

I can't believe the fourth of July is the following weekend. Where is the time going? It was just Memorial Day. However, I've got a couple of sweet things planned in the upcoming month. One being the Snoop Dog concert at Common Ground in Lansing. I never thought I'd get a chance to go see 'ol Snoop-a-loop, but hey, never say never, right? I'm going with Juniper, she's got free tickets. VIP tickets no less. I better start practicing my moves. I can't imagine the crazy kids these days are still doing the running man or cabbage patch.

And a couple of days after the concert, I head up to Cadillac for our annual "Girls Weekend". We're throwing golf into the mix this year. The Pines (a townie bar in Downtown Caddy) AND golf? This trip has shenanigans written all over it. Oooh I can't wait. Waahaahahaha (that's my evil laugh). The last time I went golfing, I fell out of the cart when my partner in crime took a turn too fast, and I ended up doing cartwheels on the green in celebration of GETTING par. Just to paint a picture of how serious I actually take this. All of the other golfers on the course are going to love me. I just know it.

I've also got a couple of weddings coming up in July and August. We got invited to a wedding out in Portland, OR, but I don't think we'll make that one. The airfare is just too darn expensive. I've always wanted to visit and hit up Seattle and Vancouver, but it's not likely to happen this year. I've got plans of going on a trip over Labor Day weekend...or maybe that's wishful thinking too.

So stay tuned. I'll have stories, pictures and updates coming.

4 comments:

Keri said...

I could have wrote most of your first paragraph (minus the undies part... I don't have quite that many). Busy summer.

We should go golfing sometime. I've only gotten a par once in my life, although granted I've only actually golfed three times. But still. It was very exciting! And if I were coordinated enough to do cartwheels, I would have been doing them on the green!

I can't wait to hear how the Snoop Dog concert is!

Christina said...

Sweet! Snoop Dog! i can't wait to hear your story!

jennifersadler said...

Can't wait to hear more!

Maybe we should havea nestie golf outing!

Kristen said...

Fun!! Sounds like you have a very fun summer planned... dance classes, concerts, girls weekends, weddings.... Wheeee!