Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Working In the Yard

It's time for an update. This one is going to be weak at best, but it's something. We've been working for weeks on our yard. Lots of stuff to do. We ripped everything out, dug out all the nasty clay from the beds, and plowed up our front yard to reseed with grass. Yep, plowed up the yard.

I came home on Saturday at 8:00 at night to find the yard tore up like a field. I went into total internal panic mode. I didn't dare tell the Husband, since he'd been working on it all day long. I had been on the road since 8:45 that morning attending a bridal shower in Clarkston, a baby shower in Lansing and an Open House in Eaton Rapids. I'm glad that I made an appearance at all of the gatherings, because it wasn't that long ago that I had showers that these people came to. And maybe someday I'll have a baby shower too. Eeek! Sorry, friends (the founding forefathers), I'm probably going to soak you once again for a gift. My apologies in advance. I will repay you though. With lots of love. You can't put a price on that! Because I do love you all so very much. I know I don't always show it, but you guys are the best. Ever. Muah!

OK, I got a sidetracked there. The yard. When I got home on Saturday, I think the exhaustion took over, because I wasn't exactly happy to see all of our grass shred up. But I've calmed down since then. The standing water all over the place finally soaked in, so it's looking more like a clean palette as opposed to a war zone. So we've been working super hard. I'm a dunce, and forgot to take before pictures, and some of the before pictures I took got lost. Stupid memory card. I promise to take photos after to post. I've definitely got my work cut out for me. I went a little overboard on flowers this year. Whoopsie. The seeds that I started that made it are doing well though. Hooray for Zinnia, Razzmatazz Sunflowers, and Impatiens! I did plop a couple little Aster seedlings in my planters, so we'll see how they do.

After I get everything put together, I may have some leftover flowers to get rid of, so stayed tuned if you are interested....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've already started planning your baby shower. I have the cutest party favors. (Sorry, I had to buy them. What if I couldn't find them again when the time comes.)

XOXOX
Anni

Maribeth said...

Even though it is lots of work, isn't it a great feeling to see it put together. Can't wait to see after pictures.

I know what you mean by before pictures. My husband remodeled every room in this house, before I met him, but didn't take before pictures. I would love have to see the comparison. Something you don't think about until it is usually too late.