Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Intellectual Conversations

Tonight we had bean tostadas with homemade salsa for dinner. Yum, yum. We sat in front of the TV to watch a rerun of House while eating.


At the end of the show, the production company commercial came on. It's a little cartoon clip with a voice over that says "That's some bad hat, Harry."



I say: Whoa, that guy has boobs.
Him: Huh? (Not paying attention)
Me: The commercial, did you see that? The guy had boobs. Weird. Rewind it. (Yeah, I'm that strange that I wanted to see it twice)
Him: Is he fat?
Me: Just rewind it.
He does and we both watch.
Me: See? That's so weird. I wonder why? They are all saggy. The guy is skinny.
Him: Gross. They are like old lady boobs.
Me: How do you know what old lady boobs look like? (I'm smiling at this point)
Him: From comics and stuff. You know, like bowling pins, the joke...
Me: Ooooh yeah, comics. Uh huh. Haha.
Him: Go clean up the leftover beans.
Me: I'm going to put them in your sock drawer. (I can't help but laugh at this point)
No response from him.

I'll say I won that battle. Oh yes, the conversations at my house are deep.

5 comments:

Keri said...

I've seen the "That's some bad hat, Harry." clip numerous times. Every time I think, "What the heck does that MEAN?!" But I never noticed that the guy has saggy old lady boobs. Weird! You're very observant.

apt said...

I love reading snippets of other couples conversations. Bowling pins?

Christina said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

It's an animation of a scene from the movie Jaws. Sherriff Brody tells an *old* guy his opinion of the old guy's hat.

The producer of House, Bryan Singer, is a Jaws fan, naming his production company after the line in the movie.

Anonymous said...

What the Fuck Is It? I have seen the fuckin thing so many times!!!