Friday, August 29, 2008

Little Time Left

Do you think I’m packed for my trip to Cabo? Uhm, no. When do I leave you ask? Tomorrow at 6:00 a.m., but don’t worry, I have the list.

I make a list of items to take every time I take more than an overnight trip. The list comes in handy for a procrastinator such as myself. It reminds me to pack things that at the last minute I could potentially forget, like a koozie cup for my beer by the pool, or bobby pins to keep the back of my hair off my neck while sunbathing. You know, the things I don’t use on a daily basis, but will come in handy while traveling (although if I were MacGuyver, keeping bobby pins on hand at all times could turn out to be incredibly useful - something to ponder).

The list also reminds me to pack clean underwear and to take my passport. Those two seem like no brainers, but not much would be worse than driving all the way to the airport in Detroit, and not having a passport, because I packed in a rush and forgot, or packing a pair of jeans, two swimsuits, a cover-up, five tank tops/shirts, two dresses, a shrug, a pair of white pants, two pair of capris, a sweatshirt, a pair of shorts, a lightweight bathrobe, a loofa, iPod, magazines, book, three pair of shoes, enough sunscreen to cover a football team, and going “Oh shit! I forgot to pack underwear!”. Nothing screams vacation like wearing swimsuit bottoms for a week straight. Hence, the list.

So I’ll be back soon with photos and maybe a story or two. The Husband and I got a new High Def video camera, so maybe I’ll even post a video clip. Oooh, aaaah.

Chao, amigos!

6 comments:

Keri said...

"The list" for our trip which is still a month away is already stuck onto our refridgerator for all the times between now and when we leave that I think, "Oh, I don't want to forget that. I better write it down."

Have fabulous time in Cabo!!

Heather said...

have a great time!!!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation!

Anonymous said...

For once I'm ahead of you. Anders and I are almost completely packed. Jeff has clean boxers, t-shirts and socks, but nothing else. Those are the items I take care for him. If he wants to wear pants over his boxers he's responsible for that.

Luvs~anni

Christina said...

I keep meaning to make one of those lists for our frequent trips to Detroit. have a good trip!!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear about your adventures!

Kristen said...

Have a great trip! It's going to be so much fun :) I can't wait to see pictures... and VIDEO! Woohoo!