Monday, September 8, 2008

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

The Husband and I went with my parents to beautiful Cabo San Lucas, Mexico over the Labor Day holiday. Needless to say, it was amazing. We stayed at the fabulous five star Hacienda del Mar. It's outside of downtown Cabo, only a ten to fifteen minute cab ride away. The grounds were breathtaking, and it was like it was its own little village. I would highly recommend this resort to anyone thinking of traveling to Cabo. The photos speak for themselves.

Click on the photos to enlarge.



Gorgeous views of the Sea of Cortez from the infinity pool.


The saying goes "Don't drink the water in Mexico", also equally important, don't swim in it! The undertow is like nothing I have ever experienced. Once those waves crashed and hit my shins, I'd have to fight to keep standing. The force drawing me back with it was frightening. Cabo is on a peninsula surrounded by the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean. The Sea of Cortez is not swimmable. We were told that three people drowned the week we were in Cabo. The undertow pulled them out to sea. A force to be reckoned with. It's like nothing else to sit with a cocktail and watch the waves coming crashing in, one after another though.

The sea was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli...


Stay tuned. More to come.

6 comments:

Maribeth said...

So, so jealous. :)

Did you at least drink a margarita for me at Cabo Wabo.

Heather said...

gorgeous!!! that pool looks so awesome - i want to be there. and those waves are HUGE!

Kristen said...

Holy cow, look at those waves!! Amazing - I'm totally jealous too ;) Take me with next time, K?

Keri said...

Wow, those waves are crazy!

Looks like a beautiful and relaxing vacation.

Anonymous said...

Spin me another yarn, with more metaphors with old men and soup. I was loling

Christina said...

Wow! That is amazing! I had no idea about the undertow. I don't think I would have even went as close as you did!