Friday, August 1, 2008

No Bag

My order from endless.com arrived yesterday. Remember how I said the bag was sold out and not available by lunch time on Wednesday when I had ordered it? Well, they must have run out of them before they pulled my order to ship, because they sent me the wrong size bag. I hope it was just a warehouse pull error, and not a "just send her this one, we don't have any of the others left" type thing, where they were trying to pull one over on me. It's an adorable bag, but this particular style doesn't have a shoulder strap. I can't go clutch or wristlet for an everyday bag. So back it goes. I'll just have to keep looking. It was quite the deal too. Phooey.

3 comments:

Heather said...

oh no!!!! that's so sad! :(

Keri said...

Call Endless and tell them what happened. I've talked to their customer support on two different occassions though and they went above and beyond both times. I was extremely impressed.

Christina said...

Aww! I'm sorry!