Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Boogers and Bags

My mom told me this story last Friday after she babysat my nephew, Anders.

He was down for his nap. I guess he only slept for about an hour, and my mom wanted to drag it out longer. When he woke up he started calling for her. He was yelling "Grandma" a couple of times, so my mom went and peeked inside the cracked door to see what he was doing, hoping maybe he'd go back to sleep. She said he was standing up, stacking all the toys in a corner of the crib (clearly awake). She walked away, and tried to see if in a few more minutes he'd lay back down. Nope. He kept calling for her. So she felt guilty and went to get him. She went in and said, "Who is it? Whose calling for me?". Then she says, "What have you been doing?".

He replies, "Tasting boogers." Totally like it was a normal thing for someone to do when killing time.

This is what your kids learn at day care. LOL.

*****

Last night I got another Victoria's Secret catalog to browse through. I get these things several times a week, I swear. No wonder the prices are so high, they have to make up for all those printing and mailing costs.

As I thumb through, I'm convinced that I've become, or am becoming an "old married woman". No longer will I spend a great deal of time looking at the lingerie, picking out cutesy, little matching sets of bras and panties. If they fit, and they're clean seems to be only criteria I adhere to these days. I've moved onto the $2.99 clearance, lace undies from Old Navy, and I've gotta be honest, I love them.

But anyway, I love the clothes from Victoria's Secret. They have some really chic stuff. I've noticed that they have started pairing handbags with the outfits recently. And that got my mind to wander. I need a new purse. Last March I remember seeing a Jessica Simpson handbag in the catalog that I fell in love with. When I hopped online to order it from VS, it was, unfortunately for me, sold out. So I scoured the Internet in hopes of finding it elsewhere, and had a really hard time. I pretty much gave up. My mind kept telling me there was no reason to spend $100 on a purse anyway.

This morning I was thinking about the catalog again, and with handbags on my mind when I arrived at work, I jumped online to a new favorite shopping stop of mine, endless.com (thank you, Keri). I started with the Clearance/Sale section, because hey, who doesn't love saving a few bucks? With intentions of finding the Guess tote I saw the night before, I stumbled across the Jessica Simpson bag I had wanted for 45% off. I ordered it right away.

Then I logged back on after lunch, and it's gone already. Very popular item. Good thing I moved fast. I can't wait to check this thing out. They can hardly keep them in stock anywhere! And at almost half price, I was patting myself on the back. The Husband thinks I'm total geek for buying a Jessica Simpson bag. He was happy about me being a smart shopper, but laughing at the product. Hmph, what's he know anyway?


5 comments:

Keri said...

Score! Woo-hoo for finding THE bag at 45% off!

Heather said...

that's such a cute bag!!!!

and... I love the honesty in little kids. A few weeks ago, while babysitting my 2.5 yr old nephew and 3 month old niece, Luke was being really loud and obnoxious (which isn't normal). When I asked him why he was being so loud, his response was "b/c i want Anna to wake up"

Christina said...

Well, I'll be bookmarking endless.com. Looks like fun! If I changed my purse more than twice a year (blushing), then i'd totally be into these bags!

Kristen said...

Kerri, I love reading your blog - there's always some fun little gem of everyday wit in there that makes me smile :) I like how you look at things in life.

Cute story about Anders, and great success story with the bag! And absolutely yes, what does your hubby know... JS bags and shoes are SO cute! She definitely has a great team of designers working for her!

PS - I love your hair pulled back in a couple posts below at the reception - SO cute. Well, you're super cute no matter what you do with your hair... But I do love it pulled back!

Maribeth said...

I love the Anders story. Too cute. I'm sure my day will come.