Tuesday, September 30, 2008

If You Could See Me Now


Today I'm breaking in my new shoes. I thought they were so cute, and the Husband thought they were cool too. I typically don't get a response from the Husband on the coolness of shoes, so these must be special. My feet say "the jury is still out on that one."

By 10:00 this morning I had my shoes off underneath my desk. I'm not sure why a three and a half inch heel is really necessary. The slant of the shoe alone makes my ankles feel like they just walked 12 miles, but then add in where the shoe has rubbed against my feet making them raw in two spots? Mmm, ever so delightful.

So here I am sitting in my cubicle with a tissue stuffed into the left shoe protecting the side of my foot from more chaffing. If anyone has a tearful moment, I can bend down, pull a tissue out and go "There, there. Everything is going to be alright." while getting the look of disgust from the person in distress. Now that I'm thinking about it, that tissue might be better served for myself though. Anymore raw skin, and I will be the one crying.

The right foot has a piece of tissue scotch taped to the outside of my big toe. It's not quite a cast in the sense that it's wrapped around my toe, more like a fluffy, protective layer keeping my skin from touching the inside of the shoe. As you probably guessed, I have to make due with what supplies I have at my desk because I don't have any Band Aids. Nothing but class over on this end.

I haven't given up just yet though. With a little breaking in and possibly some trouser socks, we'll be golden.

Yeah, golden.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, If I saw you in those shoes, I would think to myself with the self-deprecatory thought "There is a girl who never has to put tape on her feet because of her shoes"

Cause I've done that before, and felt like I was the only one.

Kerri said...

I am also finding that tissues are best suited for bras.

There's a reason why people don't use tissue on sores. It sticks! Blech!

Heather said...

lol... oh the things we do for fashion...

Kristen said...

ROFL!!

Omigosh, this is one of my favorite posts yet. I :heart: you, Kerri :)

Christina said...

Girl - you are a trooper. Those shoes are adorable.

Keri said...

I hope you have successfully broken them in by now! They ARE really good looking shoes though. And your paragraph about pulling tissues out of your shoe if anyone had a tearful moment made me LOL! ;-)