Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Favorite Political Shows

Here's a list of my favorite political shows. I catch at least one of them every night.

1. The Colbert Report. Stephen Colbert puts one of the funniest spins on current events. It's great political and media satire. Catch this show on Comedy Central. Ahh, if we both weren't married...

2. Countdown with Keith Olbermann. Keith is quite funny, but the political issues are heavier and discussed more in depth. Keith is also quite opinionated, which I appreciate as well. If you like Colbert, I think you'll like this one. Check it out on MSNBC.

3. Hardball With Chris Matthews. Chris knows his stuff. I love watching this guy because he is not afraid to call a bullshitter out, which can lead to some awkward confrontations. The format of the show has Chris playing a moderator between guests. This is also on MSNBC.

4.) Morning Joe. Joe Scarborough hosts this one. I have to admit, the husband watches this one a lot more than I do. Joe is a Republican. He also served in the Unite States House of Reps, so he knows his stuff, and he's entertaining. It's interesting to hear about the events from this perspective. Another MSNBC show.

5.) Real Time With Bill Maher. Ahh, now this one I really like. Serious sarcasm and swear words. My kind of show. Bill is a raging liberal. His New Rules segment usually has me rolling on the floor laughing. It's shown on HBO.

1 comment:

Keri said...

I like your taste! And I heart Colbert and Matthews.

Have you watched Rachel Maddow's new show? Its on at 9 PM on MSNBC. Its a very similar style to Olbermann's show.