Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sushi and Sunsets

The evening that the husband and I went on the sunset cruise, we stopped for sushi first. We went to Tsuki Sushi and Tepan Grill in the marina. What makes this place unique is that the chef uses local fish for traditional Japanese specialties and adds a flare of Mexico to the dish. So heavenly!

We ordered the Sashimi Tuna, which is fine slices of tuna and avocado with a cilantro, avocado, wasabi, and sesame seed sauce. Nom, nom, nom.

Our second dish was tempura shrimp (tempura means that either the seafood or vegetable is battered and deep fried - so if you're afraid of raw fish, give this one a go!), crab and salmon rolls. This was served with the same cilantro sauce. I can not rave about the sauce enough. I'm not much of a soy sauce girl. I feel like soy masks the flavor of what you're eating, and if I'm eating sushi, I want to taste all of the wonderful flavors! This cilantro sauce was a great pairing. You'll notice the neon colored wraps. They are soy bean wraps instead of the traditional seaweed. It was a nice alternative to the sticky seaweed wraps. I thought that was cool, since I've never had that before.

I think Tsuki Sushi was one of the best places I've gone for sushi in my life, followed second by a place in San Luis Obispo, California. Of course, being from Michigan, we really miss out on the freshness of being able to catch fish in the morning and serve it up that evening.

Here we are on the sunset cruise. We had to cruise around to the other side of Cabo, the Pacific side, to see it. The cruise ended up being a lot of fun. My parents got it for us.

Back in the marina after the cruise.


Here are some sunset shots from the resort later in the week. We were on the Sea of Cortez side, so we didn't get to see the sun disappear into the water like on the cruise. It was still pretty though.

Mama and me during one of our dinners at Tomatoes.


3 comments:

Christina said...

You know, I've been thinking that I need to try sushi again. I didn't like it the time I did try it but I hear so much about it and think maybe it is time to give it a try again..

Anonymous said...

Looks frickin' awesome!!
~jenn

Anonymous said...

Ker, why is it that whenever I see a picture of mom, I crack up?
Oh yeah, I heart sushi now, like you used to heart Corey Haim and Bon Jovi. (nom, nom, nom indeed).
You, me and hubbie-ski should go out for some. We can stop at BK on the way back for Timba. Get him a whopper jr roll??
-the sis