Thursday, January 14, 2010

Week 11

During Week 11 we got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time! Wow was that cool! The doctor wasn't sure if she'd be able to find it with a Doppler machine this early, so she didn't want us to be worried, but she ended up finding it right away! Brett was able to record the sound with his phone, but unfortunately blogger doesn't have an easy way for me to upload an mp3 at the moment (I'm mad at you, blogger!).

The doctor appointment went really well. Brett loved my doctor, and we both walked away all gitty with excitement from hearing the heartbeat and getting positive feedback about the journey we're taking. Dr. B. said I looked good, and that everything was going well.

This was also the week that I noticed when getting up in the morning that "Hey, I don't feel like my stomach is burning and turning and all that other nonsense!". I am now feeling decent when waking up in the morning. Sometimes in the midday or afternoon I might feel a little yucky, but things are getting better, not that things were ever horrible for me!

I think my energy is returning too, since when I nap after work, I'll have insomnia at night, so maybe it's too much sleep for my body. That's a good sign. Wow, there are some days when I'm just wiped out though still. I seem to have an internal alarm clock that is the weirdest thing. Every night I wake up at 11:41. I wake up, turn over and go back to sleep. The same time. Every night. I also wake up again at 3:45a.m. for a bathroom break. Same time. I'm on a schedule, I guess.

The baby is the size of a fig and almost fully formed. The baby is also kicking and stretching already too!

January 8: Week 11

2 comments:

Christina said...

Your baby is so nice for letting you hear the heartbeat right away. A lot of times they can't, Mom and Dad panic, and then either you have to wait for another appt or if you're lucky, and ultrasound. I hope this is setting the precedent!

Also, could you upload the sound file to youtube or something and then post the link here (obviously it would be public). Ask Em. I could have sworn she put the heartbeat on her blog..

kristen said...

Glad you're feeling better! Exciting about the heartbeat, that must have been amazing <3