Sunday, January 3, 2010

Weeks 5 and 6

Weeks five and six were pretty average in a sense that not much changed. I still had cramping and severe breast tenderness, but I was feeling pretty well overall.

Monday of week five I met with an RN at my doctor's office. She confirmed that I was indeed pregnant, in fact her words were "Oh yeah, you're definitely pregnant". I'm guessing the results she got showed up within a few seconds too, just like my home pregnancy test. We went through a bunch of paperwork, and received a binder full of reading material.

The nurse told me my estimated delivery date (EDD) is July 30, 2010. I had done a little calculating myself when I found out, and the date I came up with was August 2, 2010. I based my calculations on a 31-day cycle, which I have, not the 28-day cycle so many people assume every woman in the world has. I told the nurse that I had a 31-day cycle, and she looked at me and pretty much said "it doesn't matter". OK, for EDD, I'll give you that. Three days isn't a big deal, it's just an estimate anyway. We'll see which of us is more accurate when they start doing ultrasounds where they can really tell. :wink:

What the Husband and I did was simple. I downloaded an application on my iPhone called Ovulation. I plugged in my menses from the last eight months, and the app told me I had a 31-day cycle. What it also does is point out days of the month it predicts you'll be ovulating. It also uses the Shettles Method in predicting the sex of the baby too. Pretty neat, huh? You can also get technical and track basal temps, fluids and what not. Two months of using this app, and we got our big fat positive. The only reason I'm talking about it is because I found the accuracy amazing, with minimal effort (I didn't do temps). When I told the nurse about it, she kind of gave me the side eye. Hey, to each his own. It worked for us. Maybe it'll work you, or your friends. I love that technology can make my life easier. :-)

Monday of week six was the worst that I'd felt so far. It was mostly a lot of excess saliva, and the feeling like I had to burp, but nothing happening. This all combined with an unsettled stomach. Let's call it nausea. Definitely a saltine and water day. I can handle this though. No complaints from me!

November 27: Five weeks
December 4: Six weeks

1 comment:

Keri said...

So, they really do have apps for everything, eh?