Friday, January 22, 2010

Week 12

A big week for us! We had our first ultrasound and got to see the baby! I can't explain how cool that was (melted heart). The little baby was bouncing around and wouldn't sit still for the technician to take some pictures! The tech said we've got an active one, and stubborn too! I guess I'll know more about the activity in the months to come, right? Finally the little one settled down, and she got the pictures she needed. The baby was definitely moving around and bouncing in response to the tech prodding me with the ultrasound thingy (yes, we get technical on this blog). She said the spine looks great (yay!), all the limbs are there (yay!), my uterus looks great (yay!) and the baby is measuring right one time (yay!). She said everything looked really great! I have to say, that was definitely one of the neatest things I have ever seen. What an experience.

I can hardly believe it most of the time that there is really a baby growing inside of me. It still seems so fake! I feel like overnight I woke up and suddenly have a little pot belly too. I'm still feeling good. Hopefully all of my energy will be returning soon. I'm suffereing from insomnia pretty bad, but I'm not even tired during the day, so I must have some crazy burst of energy going on. Talk to me at 7:00 at night though. It's a different story!

I'm alllllmost to the second trimester. It's creeping up on me. Where is the time going??? I suppose when you feel well for most of the first third of your pregnancy, time seems to go a lot faster. What a blessing that was. I'm a little worried about how fast it's going though. I'm so far behind on my reading!


The big developments this week are that the baby now has reflexes. Fingers will begin to open and close, toes will curl (hopefully with delight), eye muscles will clench and the mouth will make sucking movements. This baby is about the size of a lime from head to rump. Wittle guy (or girl).

Is it me, or does it totally look like the baby is pointing? "Yo tech, quit pressing down on me with your ultrasound machine. Yeah, I'm talking to you."

Little Babeski has his/her mouth open in this one. This is Brett's favorite picture.



January 15: Week 12

7 comments:

Christina said...

Awww! What a precious little baby! I love the pointing picture. I wonder if he/she is laughing in the last one. Such a cool experience!! Thanks for sharing!

--Lindsay-- said...

So great! Pregnancy is awesome. Enjoy it. (I might have said the same thing on the last post I commented on haha.) Those are adorable little baby pictures!

Juli D said...

So cute and so exciting!!

Aletha | Pearls Events said...

Congrats to you and Brett!

apt said...

That's one charming lil' person with a great smile!

said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monica said...

Ultrasounds never cease to amaze me, what a cool experience! Glad to hear all is going well. :)