Monday, January 4, 2010

Weeks 7 and 8

Week 7 was pretty uneventful for mom. I had a couple of days of not feeling well at all, but made it through work like a champ. Exhaustion has started settling in. At first I couldn't figure out what women who have been pregnant before meant when they asked about the exhaustion. The general consensus was "Just you wait." Message received. Excitement continues to grow, just like the embryo, which is the size of a blueberry.

Week 8....whoa, watch out. The hormones have kicked in. Mood changes galore. So where did this the anger and rage come from? And my skin? I look like a 14-year old teenage boy. This made me sad, because there is virtually nothing in my bag of beauty tricks that is considered "safe" to use while pregnant to help me. And that glow some people think I have? It's really just sweat from the hot flashes I seem to have several times a day. I will admit that most of the time I am absolutely freezing though. It's the strangest thing. I can't stay warm. Any other women out there have that happen? Then once in a while the hot flash comes on, and in ten minutes I'm freezing again. Crazy, crazy hormones. I'm praying my skin gets better. I'm already getting looks all the time from co-workers who are checking out my stomach, now my face too? I can handle my pants already getting tight; sigh, yes, I know it's early, but keeping a constant line of food in my stomach is what keeps it settled; but the skin thing has got to go. This is the week where all I wanted to say was "Stop looking at me or I will crush your city!" This is not a joke, people. You've been warned.


The embryo is about the size of a kidney bean, developing along.

December 11: Week 7
December 18: Week 8

2 comments:

Monica said...

I am giggling at your "Stop looking at me or I will crush your city" comment. I think the crazy hormones are what worries me the most about pregnancy. Congrats again to you guys and best wishes from here on out. :)

apt said...

With Willa, my internal thermostat was crazily out of control. Hot, cold, roasting... all in 5 minutes. I feel for you. Layer up.