Saturday, January 9, 2010

Week 9

Ahh, already received my first belly pat. I suppose I should get used to that, but still struck me as weird. I guess it depends on who is doing the patting, right?

We celebrated Christmas with our families. Only immediate families and a handful of my friends knew at this point. We decided to keep quiet about our little Babeski until after our first doctor appointment in Week 11.

Still feeling pretty well. Some downs, but mostly up's. Mom is in good spirits. Oh, and did I mention we decided to gut our bathroom and do a renovation project? Yep, that whole thing started in the middle of Week 8. It's been going alright though.

The new resident is nearly an inch long, and about the size of a grape. The essential body parts are accounted for, though they still have plenty of fine-tuning to come in the following months. The baby's heart finishes dividing into four chambers, and the valves start to form - so do the teeth. The embryonic tail is completely gone. Organs, muscles and nerves are kicking into gear. The external sex organs are there, but indistinguishable for another few weeks. We've got private parts, people! This seems so crazy to me!! The embryo is an inch long!!! How is this possible??? The body does amazing things.

December 25: Week 9


3 comments:

Christina said...

Aww! I just read all of your updates. So excited for you. And I never was cold but I did have night sweats a lot and the ever-convenient insomnia. blah. Anyways, I love what you wrote so far and looking forward to more!

Maribeth said...

Awww...I am looking forward to reading your blog. It's going to get exciting!!!

apt said...

I am so happy that it looks like you're going to be taking us along on your pregnancy "adventure."

You're growing a person! With tooth buds and knees and all!

You look fantastic!