Friday, March 21, 2008

Bahamas Bound

Happy Anniversary to us! We're heading to Grand Bahamas Island for a quick 5-day/4-night get away. A few days on the beach with nothing but sun and relaxation sounds like heaven right about now. I can hear the waves of the ocean crashing on the beach already. That soothing sound....

Planning a list minute trip has been kind of hard. The last two trips we have taken have been through my parents' timeshare, extra weeks they have and what not, so the options are a little more limited with the dates of travel we were looking to do. I called my mom, and she had a couple of options, but they weren't that inexpensive, and I wasn't too crazy about visiting places I've already been. While on the phone talking timeshares with mom, the Husband is in the background saying:

Him: Ask your mom if there is a place in Kokomo.
Me: Mom, Brett wants to know if there are any resorts in Kokomo that we can go to.
Mom: Kokomo? Where's that?
Me: You know, the Beach Boys' song. Aruba, Jamaica, oooh I wanna take ya.
Mom: Oh yeah, I know the song. Don't know anything about Kokomo though.
Me: That's because it's made up. By the Beach Boys.
Brett (yelling in the background): Then where'd the Beach Boys shoot the video if it's all made up?
-Sigh.- Someone watches too much Scrubs.

I was really interested in going to Cabo, but we found better deals to either the Bahamas or Jamaica. We also decided not to go the all-inclusive route this time, so we could go out and explore the native culture a little more. The Bahamas is all tourist driven, so culture will be watered down, but it at least forces us to leave the resort and explore. :-) Maybe go on an excursion???

Whatever we end up doing, I'm sure it'll be fun, because we'll be together. A week off work, some time away from home and no worries.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Um yeah. There is a Kokomo, Indiana. I don't think the Beach Boys were singing about that.

How exciting for your trip! Please share pictures for those of us who are home bound.. Gosh, it must really help on a day like today with the mounds of snow being dumped on the ground... GGRRRRRRR!!!

Keri said...

Ha!! Kokomo, Indiana! You don't want to go there for vacation? :-)

Your trip to the Bahamas sounds wonderful! I'll be checking your blog often, in anticipation for photos.