Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's Aliiiive!

The first signs of life appeared this weekend. It looks like the tulips are starting to take flight. It seems a bit early, but I'm only left to assume that they know what they are doing. I imagine they are in for a few more frosty days, and definitely cold nights. I sure hope they survive.

Last April I lost all of my tulips and daffodils. They sprouted so nicely, and then we got a few inches of snow during the second week of April. Not one of them made it through. Let's hope ol' Mother Nature is a little kinder on the plants this year.



4 comments:

Christina said...

YAY!!!!

apt said...

Gasp! Wow.
I might have to drive home to check the side of my house.

Maribeth said...

What a wonderful sight. I keep telling myself that spring is coming.

Kristen said...

Kerri, this is awesome!! We still have snow patches on our flowerbeds, they're in the shade. I hope they start sprouting soon, too. I really need gardening help though, I have no idea what I'm doing - I just planted some stuff last year and called it good, haha!

Hooray for spring! Your flowers are going to be gorgeous! :)