Friday, May 9, 2008

Not In a Million Years

Speaking of trying new things, I received this video to view today. El Caminito del Rey is in Spain. The walkway is 1-meter wide or approximately 3.2-feet with over a 2,296-foot drop. Scared yet? There is no handrail. I repeat, there is no handrail. Oh yeah, and part of the path has completely deteriorated away.

You couldn't pay me to walk this thing. I consider myself graceful, balanced and coordinated, but I think my body would be quivering with fear to the point that I wouldn't even be able to stand. Hiking a path, any path, is not worth dying for.

Check it out for yourself. You've got to devote six minutes to the video, but there is good music to make it extra cool.

4 comments:

Keri said...

Well, I consider myself ungraceful, unbalanced, and uncoordinated (seriously, its true), so heck no would I ever do that! The video gave me anxiety.

Amber said...

I did ok watching the video until there were holes in the walkway and he started walking on the poles. Also, the video made me more anxious when the drop off was on the right side!?!

NotAppealing said...

I had to stop watching when he had to walk across the pole. No way I could ever, ever do that

apt said...

I got about 12 seconds into it before I felt terror. I'm fairly sure the name of the trail translates to "the little walk of the king." This is no little walk.