Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Coworker

Some of you may or may not recall that recently I was ranting about work and promotions. Well, someone in my office retired at the end of June. The office here was so gracious as to never internally post the position (which would've been a promotion for me), so I missed the opportunity to apply. I was definitely bent out of shape about that one. I'll leave it at that.

The new person started this week. As her boss was taking her around and introducing her, I was friendly and said "Welcome aboard!" and all the other cliche crap people say when you start a new job. What I really meant to say was:


6 comments:

jennifersadler said...

hahaha I love your illustrations ;p


That stinks your job was not SMART enough to tell you about the opening :(

Christina said...

too funny! i meant to ask u how things were going there but this post seems to sum it all up!

Beth said...

Oh my GOSH I love this! It fits my job perfectly, too.

Heather said...

LOL!

Kristen said...

ROFL! Sorry they didn't give you the opportunity, that stinks big time. :( But who knows, maybe something even better will come along!

Em said...

I am laughing so hard at this post right now!