Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Playing With Photo Effects

I took some pretty casual photos from last weekend and decided to play around with some of the effects in Picasa.

This is Annukka. She's the super mom. Working full time, getting her masters degree, mom of an almost two-year old. Much needed R&R on our little trip. I took the photo, lightened it up and changed it to sephia.


Here's Jackie. The little entrepreneur, go-getter of the group. I used the soften feature to blur a border around the photo. Kinda neat.


Here's me. Chillin' like a villain. I sharpened the photo, going for that over-saturated, over exposed look. My role in the group? Ornament.


And last but not least, Laura. She works her tail off, and is the party girl. Wow, it's starting to sound like I'm working one of those charity events where they auction off singles. Laura enjoys nightlife, movies, and being in the outdoors up north. Men living at home with their parents doing paper routes need not apply. I tried a focal black and white effect here, but that may need some work.

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Keri said...

Would you be surprised if I said that your shoes are what caught my eye in these picture? Very cute!

And great photo effects too. I really like what you did with Annukka's photo.

Kristen said...

Ooh, I like the first one! When you're taking a picture indoors with lots of stuff around, turning it to monochrome can really pull it all together. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with your mad photoshop skills.

Thanks for the great weekend ladies!

Luvs~

Christina said...

oh yeah - also love the sepia and blur effects!! cute post!!

Anonymous said...

You sold yourself short, my pretty little ornament! You forgot to say that you are the faithful, devoted, super yard butt kicker! We are lucky girls to have a friend like you.
PS. Thanks for the blurry effect--it hides the wrinkles :).

Anonymous said...

Ornament...holy cats, I almost peed myself! I'd like to think of you more as eye candy, but I'll hang you on a tree too!
Juniper