Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Baby It's Cold Inside

When the Husband and I woke up on Tuesday morning, the furnace wasn't running. We thought maybe the thermostat program reset itself, so we didn't worry too much about it for a little while. I continued getting ready for work, and after the heat never kicked on, we knew something was wrong. Frick. I went to work. I got a call from the Husband that he thought we blew the fuse to the furnace. Hopefully an easy fix. Whew. I get very scared about furnace and gas problems, you know the stuff that could cause some serious damage to a house if something went wrong.

I got a call around 3:00 while at work, the furnace still wasn't on. Double frick. The Husband had made a couple trips to Lowe's and Menards and was trying his best. He even took the day off work himself. He got another call that he had to take while he was telling me the furnace wasn't on yet, so I figured we'd just talk when I got home.

I arrived home to find an electric blanket all set up on the couch and a couple of room space heaters set up to keep me toasty. God bless him, he takes such good care of me. He said he figured I would've planned a girls night with my friends so I didn't have to hang out in the cold house. I told him we were in this together. So we had a pretty uneventful night. Not that we could do much with how crappy the weather was anyway. I actually heard thunder while it was raining last night. That was of course, before the snow started. At least the power wasn't out. That's all I kept saying. We had electricity to keep us warm. Thank goodness someone invented electric blankets and space heaters.

This morning was a pretty chilly one trying to get ready for work. I think the thermostat said it was 61 degrees in our house. It could be worse. The furnace place opens up at 7:00 a.m., so hopefully the Husband can figure out what we need to have done and get it fixed up. School was canceled again, so he's got another day at home. That actually worked out pretty well for us to have "darn-near blizzard conditions" (definitely not a fun trip into work for me though, but that's another story). Oh yes, and our new fridge is being delivered today too. Sometime between 11:30 and 1:30. Lots of stuff going on. It keeps life exciting, that's for sure.

*****
Furnace update....Let there be heat.

The Husband got the furnace fixed at 6:00 p.m. last night, so we're back in business. Yeah! A cold house is never fun.

The refrigerator has been rescheduled for delivery on Friday. Stupid bad weather.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hope the furnace gets fixed OK!!

Maribeth said...

What a great hubby to take care of you like that.