Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Bring In the Spring

Can you believe it? The temps reached 63-degrees yesterday! We also had a crazy thunderstorm and tornado warning in areas to boot. It feels like spring, people! In a midst of crazy weather, (hey, I'm not complaining, because after Christmas the snow can just disappear for all I care), I gots da fever. I'm so ready for spring. For the last week or so, I've been spending a good amount of my free time researching flower seeds I want to sow this winter for spring planting. I can not explain how excited I am to try this. I've found a group of girls online just as into it as I am, which is cool, because now I have some people I can bounce my questions off from. I think I'm being a little overly optimistic with my success, but there's nothing wrong with keeping a positive attitude, right? Being a hopeful optimist never hurt anyone.


My big excitement is the pansies I ordered. Check these beauties out.



Before I can go any further, I must put this explanation out there: the Husband is not a fan of pink flowers. So I have to make careful selections. I'm not saying I won't have any pink or foo-foo colors, but I try to make him happy too. And how can you not love the coral-orange-yellow combo with a little purple to make them pop?

Excited for spring.

I've got some other seeds that I'm geeked to grow myself, however, these are going to be the show stoppers. Check out these yummy, green colors. I heart them so much.


I wish I could grow these coneflowers from seed, however, they are pretty new plants, so I'm going to be forced to buy them potted. Let's hope they do well!

Way excited for spring!

Bring it on! Or at least March so I can turn my house into a seed sowing machine!



No comments: