Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pet Duties

You see, much like having children, owning pets entails having to do a lot of things that no one tells you about. Some of those such items include the constant cleaning up of puke and hairballs, and the occasional butt cleaning. Hey, kitties can get a case of the nasties too, and poor Nico has so much fur that he doesn't stand a chance.

Here's a conversation that evolved between the Husband and I while cleaning poop from the cat's rear once again.

Him: You're gonna have to clean him up. I can't.

Me: ...Fine, I'll do it this time, but next time it's your turn.

...What are you going to do when we have kids?

...Like what if one of our kids came to you and said "Daaad, I've got a sore butt."

-slight pause-

Him: I'll say "Go tell your mom!".


Let me tell you, I'm counting down the days until I get the pleasure (or plague?) of cleaning up both kid butts and animal butts.

No comments: