Thursday, January 31, 2008

You Asked Me WHAT?


Today at work I ran into an old co-worker. I haven't worked with him since December of 2004. I am glad that I don't see him any more often. After work chit chat for several minutes, the conversation goes a little something like this:

"I see you've filled out, when are you due?"

You're kidding me, right? You'd think I'd be used to this, because this is at least the SECOND time the douchebag has made comments about me filling out, the last time was months ago. A woman never gets used to being told "she's filling out". And WTF do I have to be all ashamed about? I'm happy, my husband is happy, and my doctor has never mentioned a problem with my weight. Go eff yourself. And while you're at it, get some manners.

After the comment was made, since he's already told me this before, ya know, the whole filling out thing, I was prepared with a comeback. I in turn said I was looking for tips on how keep up my appearance and wanted to know what he did to keep up that STELLAR body of his. Stunned silence, then the conversation quickly shifted. I was just trying to get the hell away from him. You insult me, the conversation is over.

I am a 30-year old WOMAN. Keeping the same body I had in high school and college is not going to happen. If I'm OK with my appearance, why isn't the rest of the world? Shame on any man or woman for trying to make me feel bad about myself. Why would anyone even care??? I guess some people get off on putting others down.
However, don't let me fool you, I'm caught up in appearances, my OWN, but for someone to pass judgement on me because I'm not a size 0 anymore....well, I don't even know what to say. I'm left utterly speechless. And disgusted. So there. I vented, and I feel better.

*****

Some cute pictures of some of my favorite friends.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Oh goodness. The label you put for this post is a perfect fit. I can't believe someone would have the audacity to say that! I absolutely love the first picture of your kitty in the striped basket.

Kerri said...

Thanks, C.

apt said...

Growl.
What the...?
Great comeback. Next time comment on his hair loss.
Cats in baskets... cracking up.

Maribeth said...

Love the comeback. What an idiot.