Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Choppity Chop

I went through with it. I got my hair cut on Tuesday night. I'm not quite a Jenna, more like a Katie, but that's alright. I have yet to have a haircut experience go exactly how I pictured it in my head. It's like the stylists have a mind of their own. Well, I guess they do, but they definitely put their ideas first. I couldn't style my way out of a paperbag, so I'm left to trust their expert opinions, and my ideas of end streaks were not even entertained. This was the concept, but I guess without blonde hair it won't work too well, eh? I also don't want to look like I just stepped out of the trailer park mimicking a skunk either.











Here are my before shots, taken on Tuesday before the appointment. Lovely, I know (blech!).





And here's the after. The carmel is a little lighter than I'd normally put on myself, but I'm thinking in a week or so, the color won't be as harsh and will blend in more. I really love the cut. It feels so light and bouncey! So instead of end streaks, I ended up with heavy highlights on the front and top, the bottom and back left dark. A nice compromise. I had eight inches taken off. Wowie! My hair kinda looks red too, I'm just not a good photographer, and in too much of a rush to play around with the settings. It looks better in real life, I promise!



Not the greatest behind shot, but it's hard to take photos of yourself!



So whatcha think? Could I pass as a Katie sans bangs and with highlights?






That's me and pseudo Suri. It was either the cat or a Santa Bear from the basement. Wellll???





7 comments:

Christina said...

LOVE IT!!!

Anonymous said...

Your hair turned out fabulous, just as I predicted. Love the pose with Nico.

{Hugs}
Anni

apt said...

Why is Katie holding your cat?!

It looks great!

Amber said...

Since I've been *lurking* on your blog for about a week or so, I thought I would leave a comment. I love the new hair and the last photo is too funny.

Anonymous said...

Kerri, I think it looks great! And I love all of the photos -- before, after, inspiration, etc.

- Keri/Kasa

PS Like amb, I'm a blog lurker too.

Maribeth said...

I love it. It looks great! I wish I had straight hair so I could do something with it.

Kerri said...

Maribeth:
I'm not sure if you're going to check back here, but I do not have completely straight hair. My hair has some body and wave to it. I have to use a flat iron to get it to look like that. And the cheapies don't cut it. It has to be a professional iron to work. If you ever wanted to go straight, you can do it with the right equipment!