Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Not Again

I didn't think anything could ruin the high I got from purchasing more flowers, but it happened anyway. I had a great day yesterday. A good day at work, I went home, marinated some chicken, exercised, ate an awesome salad for dinner (details below), got some cleaning done, and was able to relax. All in all, a good night.

Then I woke up to more snow and another crummy drive this morning. Ooh, ooh, and it gets better! We're going to get dumped on again this Thursday! Yahoo (note the heavy sarcasm). I keep bellyaching that I need a new job or that we need to move out of Michigan. The reality is, I don't mind my job that much aside from the commute, plus I have almost six weeks of sick leave saved up which I plan to use for my maternity leave. I can't leave that behind. It's taken me years to build that up. And leave Michigan? It'd be bittersweet. I like it here except from January through March. I'm at my wits end with this snow. It's pretty depressing at this point. I just know that when I retire, I'm outta here for those three months. If the Husband doesn't want to join me; think Golden Girls. I'll shack up with my girlfriends for the winter. :)

I need to keep thinking: Tulips. 70-degree weather. Sunshine. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully only 4-5 weeks left of this.

***
Tasty Chicken Salad...

I marinaded some chicken breasts in Balsamic Vinegar (Meijer actually makes a marinade!) and Lite Soy Sauce. I kinda guessed at measurements. More Balsamic Vinegar than Soy. I prefer grilling, but with the weather, I popped them in the oven. They came out nice and juicy. I cut the chicken up into bite size pieces and topped the salad I made of Romaine lettuce, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced almonds, feta cheese and lite raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Mmm-mmm.

There. My mood is better already. I just needed to think of flowers and food. Interesting combination.

3 comments:

apt said...

More on Thursday? No. I won't allow it. Will. Not.

It has been a particularly difficult winter.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... Your salad sounds good! ~Keri/Kasa

Christina said...

So right there with you. Would love to leave the state.. buttt.. then summer comes around and how quickly we forget..

Feta makes all food taste good :-).