Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Juniper!

Jenny is one of my oldest friends from high school. We became BFF's sophomore year, and it's been a lot of good times and laughs ever since. On Monday she will say goodbye to her 20's, and join the rest of us old folks in the 30's crowd. I keep telling her that's where all the cool kids hang out. She's really going to like it.

Jen invited me to go out with her and some of her college friends to Tavern on the Square in downtown Lansing on Saturday night. I had never been there, and I have to admit, it's a pretty cool place. They are running with a New England, Colonial kind of theme in there, which was cool. It kind of reminded me of the Cambridge House here in Grand Rapids, which is a favorite past time of mine. Plus when I got there, they were playing an array of reggae music before the DJ started, which is always a bonus in my book. They definitely won cool points for that one.

Happy Birthday, Jenny!

Me and Jenny...


Jenny with her college chums; Kate and Amy....

Jenny's, sorority sister, Leanne, me, and the birthday girl...

Kinda, sorta picture of the new 'do...

Gotta love the $2 champagnes. Mmmmm....

4 comments:

Keri said...

Your new 'do looks really great!

apt said...

Hair looks great.

Anonymous said...

I've started thinking 30 is nothing since I have the maturity level of a 15 year-old still. Thanks so much for coming out. I had a blast!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.