Friday, April 18, 2008

Now That's HIP

Back in February I chopped all of my hair off. Well, it's been eight weeks, and it was time for a touch up. I went shorter this time. This time it's a true Posh hair cut. I have a very dramatic angle, and boy status short in the back (they even had to get the trimmers out for my neck. Eek!) I'll probably nab some photos this weekend or next. I've got a lot of functions coming up...Juniper's birthday, my first wedding anniversary (awww), and another wedding.

I get my hair done at Heidi Christine HIP, the location in the Centerpointe Mall. It's like most hair salons. Expensive. But get this! I go in there last night, and as my girl is foiling up my hair, she starts telling me about this new thing they are doing. Now I'm not sure if there is a catch, like if you have to be getting your hair colored to get the services, because of that wait time you have while the color sets, or if a standard haircut makes the grade (I'm guessing no), but I had my choice of the following services while I waited!
  • Paraffin Wax Treatment for hands
  • Polish change for fingernails
  • Polish change for toenails
  • 10-minute neck and back massage
  • Mini-facial
  • There may have been more, I can't remember now.

So I opted to get my toe polish changed out, and they even did a French manicure. I soaked in the tub and she filed my nails, so a little prep work was definitely done. I'm impressed! Hair services are incredibly expensive these days. The little "extras" definitely help.

I was also informed that they do complimentary bang trims in between cuts, and they will also set up appointments with you to help you learn to style your hair. You bring in your tools and products, they shampoo you up, and then you are taught how to use your stuff. Yeah, I could use a good lesson. I think I finally have mastered the art of backcombing though (about time). Baby steps for the hair challenged.

5 comments:

Keri said...

They give you lessons on how to style your hair? That's awesome! Looking forward to pictures...

apt said...

What great offerings. I went there for a few cuts, and liked it.
Waiting for photos of your shorter do.

Christina said...

that is really cool! Can't wait to see your posh style. Just don't turn into a space alien or anything (that's what she looks like to me)..

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

jennifersadler said...

I go to HIP too - I LOVE Erika! I cant wait to see your new 'do!