Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why I Hate Survivor

I'm not even sure how many people watch this show anymore, but apparently there is still a following. I have a really hard time getting into Reality TV to begin with. I can't stand the backstabbing, conniving, manipulating and just the general bellyaching and bickering that most cast members are in a constant state of. The Husband likes Survivor, so when he has it on, I'll sit and watch for a bit.

It was a couple of seasons ago now, when Survivor was filmed in the Cook Islands; that's when I first saw Ozzy. This guy dominated. I was completely shocked that he didn't win that season, and to be honest, a little pissed. What little faith I had in the stupid show was lost.

So this season, Survivor brings back some of the show's Favorites versus the Fans. Cool concept, and they got me sorta back. I decided to give it another try, and really got back into it a few weeks ago, because the show had Ozzy in it. He is such a good competitor, and kind of a cutie, so I was rooting for him all along.

Last week he was voted off the show. So bummed! And I have a feeling that the girls that are remaining are going to team up against James now too, so I'm done watching this year. They are all a bunch of useless twits. There, I said it. I never really liked that show much to begin with, and voting out my favorite survivor was the last straw.

I also think that I like Ozzy so much not only because he's a good Survivor player, but because he reminds me of Brett from The Flight of the Conchords, which has to be one of the best shows HBO has put out in a while.

I absolutely love this show, and can't wait for it to come back! This show, entourage and Real Time With Bill Mahr are the only reason HBO is worth keeping. Check the show out sometime if you can. You won't regreat it. I promise.

A picture of Ozzzy....


A picture of Brett and Jermaine from FOTC....slight resemblance? Perhaps...

"Ladies of the World"....these guys are brilliant! Love 'em, love 'em, love' em.


4 comments:

Kristen said...

OooOOoo! Thanks for the eye candy! ;)

darkwaste said...

nuts to the show and people who like to watch it.they must work in an office, and want to learn how to stab someone in the back in a new way or a better way. it's a sick look at what people are like and what they like now days.

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can say that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be inasmuch as other options.
to the article there is quiet a definitely as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with delivery of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=transgaming cedega 6.0.5 pro ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you suffer with not used. Or you use the pitch-dark methods of development of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg

Anonymous said...

Sorry to say that but Ozzy was a manipulator too.