Thursday, April 3, 2008

I Need Some Updates

Ever since the Husband and I moved into our house, we've said that the pink paint in the spare bedroom has got to go. We ended up dealing with some health issues that required surgeries, and planning our wedding, which took precedence over home improvements for the time being. Plus it wasn't like anyone really saw the room aside from when friends needed a place to crash and my Mother-In-Law when she came into town. We just kind of blew it off. I have been thinking up and collecting ideas, colors, fabrics, etc. for when the time came to just do it.


Well, now that I'm posting pictures on the Internet that allows the world to see that abrasive, Barbie pink, it's time to get a plan into action. Hopefully this summer, the kitchen updates are first, I can slap some new paint on the walls, get some new bedding and curtains.


Here are the colors I'm thinking about for the walls. Something in this family. I'll have to pick up some samples and see which one looks best.



I fell in love with this fabric months ago. I found it on the Joann Fabric website. I thought I'd purchase some fabric and add about a six to eight inch wide chunk of fabric to the bottom of plain white curtains as trim for a little color contrast. This fabric has just a hint of blue to it, so I thought it would blend with whatever wall color I chose very nicely. I went back to the website this week, and as luck would have it, the fabric is gone. I haven't given up hope yet. I'm going to drop by the actual store in a week or two and see if I can still order it. Or if anyone knows where I can find this, leave me a comment. I believe (my memory is bad) this is Better Homes and Gardens brand fabric. Keep your fingers crossed that I can track this down!






And this is my inspirational photo for what I hope to do with the room. Blue-gray paint and white trim. It'll be sharp and soothing!



I also stumbled across this color pallete that I fell in love with. I'm thinking this might go very well in my dining area (since it's not technically a room). I need to brainstorm on how to pull this off. We have a very open floor plan, so the dining area flows right into both the living room and family room.



6 comments:

Amber said...

I would try Field's Fabric on 44th in the second building, they have more interior fabrics there. Also, I still have been wondering who your sister-in-law is? : )

Keri said...

Those blues are really pretty. I also love the color pallete for your dining area. You've got such great style!

apt said...

Nice.
And I think Amber's got a great idea w/ trying Fields.

Christina said...

I love it! The colors are so peaceful and serene..

jennifersadler said...

Another knottie joins blogging :)

Email me your email address so I can add you to my new "private" blog. BTW its private because a student found it!!

jennifersadler said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.