Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Successful Trip

We're back! We had a wonderful time! Sunshine + Beach + Ocean = Successful Trip to me!

I thought the Bahamas was a terrific place to visit. The weather is perfect, there is plenty to do for the adventurous or low-key type, and I saw many families with small children there as well. We stayed at the Sheraton Grand Bahama Island Resort. It wasn't a five star facility, but definitely met our needs of a nice, clean place to stay (hey, we're there for the beach, not to hang out in our rooms all day!). All of the rooms come equipped with mini fridges, so we went to the market to pick up breakfast items, snacks and some sandwiches for lunch. We found a couple of nice places for dinner, and just overall enjoyed ourselves and relaxed. It was a perfect one-year anniversary get-away. We took a five-day/four-night trip, which was the perfect amount of time to come back refreshed and recharged.

Here are some shots of us on the beach. I know there are a lot of them, but with water that color, it's hard to choose just one photo!







We had a couple of beers in the hotel room before dinner one evening. Presidente to represent the Dominican Republic, where we went on our honeymoon, and Bahamian beer called Sands. We had dinner on the harbour.


The sunset from our room...

The sunrise on our last morning there...

On the flight home, we got to witness a sunset from the clouds which was pretty cool. Notice the wing of the plane in the picture.

And now we're back home.

7 comments:

Christina said...

You're back!!! I'm so glad to hear that you weren't affected by the American Airline debacle. It looks like you had a great time! Makes me want to pick up my stuff and leave RIGHT NOW!!

Keri said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're not stuck in an airport somewhere because of American! Your pictures are amazing. Seriously, the color of the water looks incredible. I'm so glad to hear that you had a great trip!

NotAppealing said...

That looks liek such a fun trip =) Welcome back!

Heather said...

oh... those pictures make me so jealous!!! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip!

apt said...

Just looking at your photos was like a 5 second vacation for me. It looks so beautiful. Glad you're back.

Kristen said...

Looks like a great trip! Totally jealous ;) Oh, and I loooove the last photo with the plane wing. Gorgeous!

Maribeth said...

I love your pictures. Looks like you had fun.