Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Out of Touch

So as my faithful readers know, I went out to the bar last Saturday for my friend's birthday party. We had a blast.


I have to admit, I don't go out like I used to, and clearly I'm out of touch with the kids these days and their outfits. I thought the tank top I wore with a shrug over top and jeans were standard protocol. Boy was I wrong.


On Sunday when I got home I was trying to describe to the Husband this outfit I saw some girl wearing. I was completely shocked by it. All I could think to describe it was that this girl was in her white underwear with a bra on. I couldn't get my camera out of my purse in time to capture the shot, however, Leanne, got one. Since the girl's face isn't really showing, I think I'm safe to post it in my blog. Check this out. I wouldn't have the guts to even attempt this.





So I'm checking my e-mail from home, and after I open the picture up, I call the Husband in to check it out. I say, "You gotta see this! This is what I was telling you about! Nuts, isn't it?" His response, "I don't know about the tube socks with the high heels." I give him a look and say, "That's all that's wrong with this picture?", and we both bust up laughing.

A lot has changed in the last couple of years since I resigned my bar star badge. We'll let Wonder Woman's niece take over from here.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

WOW. Um, I think you were thinking clearly with your tank top & shrug choice. What this girl is wearing is definitely not the "norm". Is she in costume for something? Yeesh!

Kerri said...

I know, it's got to be a costume, right? But for what? Halloween is months away. And what is she going as? A Hanes or Jockey spokesperson? Beats me!

Heather said...

oh.my.goodness.

apt said...

Maybe next time you and your friends should consider somewhere other than the strip club? Seriously, WHERE were you?
Was she there promoting a new beer or something?
Are those Gem earings?

Kerri said...

But apt, visiting a strip club on birthdays is tradition! Who wants to break tradition? Certinaly not me.
No, serious, we were at a bar called The Firm.

Keri said...

I had the same impression as apt. Did you mistakenly wander into a strip club? Wow. I would love to ask her how she settled on that outfit for the night. Crazy!

Christina said...

Are you SURE you weren't at a strip club? I think it's funny that your friend got a pictures. And still laughing at "BAR STAR". Happy Anniversary too!

Kerri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerri said...

The mystery has been solved...apparently she is a waitress. And no, this is NOT a strip club. Promise.

I did that once and guess who I saw there??? Magic Johnson of all people.

And Amy, only Jem is truly, truly outrageous. This girl can try, but there is only one.